Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Yarnausea

It's been forever since I knitted like it was my hobby instead of yarn collecting (which, I think, is my actual hobby). I have amassed quite the collection of yarns and tools and toys to pursue this 'hobby' that I don't do. 

Today, I did my 4Q 2021 Yarnventory. 

66 miles of yarn. 357 unique yarns, 617 and a third skeins. 

Jesus wept. No, literally. All the money I've got tied up in my yarn alone could power several households through a long, cold winter. I didn't put prices in the database for every yarn I own, which is good, because I'd probably realize I'd spent the equivalent of a small car just on yarn. We won't even go into the several hundreds of dollars on needles, bits and bobs that become needful for finishing, boxes, bags, etc. 

I love yarn, but sheesh. I need to get a grip on myself!

In good news, though, the Prodigal Yarn has returned!


 

I want to be honest and note that this was birthday yarn, I didn't pay for it. It was gifted to me. But I have been wanting to knit with it for a few weeks now, and couldn't find it! I dug through the freezer, just in case, I went through all my project bags, I even went through the stashtainers I could reach easily, thinking I'd just popped it into one for safekeeping. No dice.

This is the yarn that prompted the Great Yarnventory, which...yay, I guess. I feel horrible now, but at least I managed to find it. When I went through all my stashtainers for the yarnventory, I numbered them and put that information into my Ravelry database so I can find them again (no more lost yarns!). Previously, though, I had my boxes organized by yarn weight. This is a heavy worsted/Aran yarn, I found it buried in the middle of my sport weight stashtainer. Which was itself at the bottom of the stack, in the corner of my closet. 

How the hell did I manage that?

Oh, well, it's home now, and I look forward to knitting a special project with it. 

That will be 2 skeins down, 568 more to go! 

Hey, no one wants to be stashless! Don't judge. I'm judging myself hard enough right now for both of us.

No comments: