Wednesday, November 21, 2018

A year and change, oh, the change....



The lure of the blank page is just too strong.

I haven't written anything since...well, since before I was here last. I had some problems dealing with stuff, and I gave it up. And when I stopped writing that, I stopped writing here.

Not that it matters; I'm sure no one reads blogs anymore, but the fog is starting to lift, I'm designing knit patterns again, I'm wanting to write again. It feels nice. Like I'm becoming myself again.

Not everything is great. My Yoda, oh, my Yoda, died this past summer. I don't even know what to do with myself still -- but I try not to dwell. Rex bides well. He got a new knee two months ago, he's recovering fine. We're still going to do PT, because I am nothing if not stupid when it comes to animals. Ebony, our winner of the 'Ferals as Highlanders' contest in the basement, goes for his annual this weekend. To say I'm anxious is an understatement.

But he's 19. Even if he has heart issues and has a heart attack, he's had a hell of a run for a cat, right? 19. He could vote if he were human. Drive a car. He's been alive almost as long as my nephew (The Phew is 20 now -- where does the time go!??!)

Which reminds us, I have a NewPhew. Nieceling GOT MARRIED. I would disapprove on the basis that she's barely 22 and far, far too young. But NewPhew is worthy. He can stay.

I haven't knitted for him, though.

We also have a new feline inmate. A friend of a friend found a wee baby kitten, complete with spare toes, that needed a home, and so now we live with Olaf. Well, mom lives with Olaf. I can't have a cat of my own yet. I enjoy being cat adjacent, though.

Rex has become mostly mine, now. I'm typing this as I sit on my bed, doing my back no favors with the lack of support, and he sleeps next to me. I find his presence very reassuring. He's not my Dog of before, no, Rex would not be a good guard dog, but he's warm and loves to snuggle, so...yeah.

Tonight, though, I think I'm going to cast on a new scarf. It's the first knitting I'll have done in weeks. If I had my camera or if it hooked up to my tablet, I would show you this yarn today. Tomorrow, or soon. I also have plans for a new shawl -- a rectangular one, all the weird, asymmetrical triangle ones are giving me headaches. When that starts up, you'll get the 411.

I'm also glad to be back writing again. I have so many things to tell you, Anonyblog. Shit's gotten weird, but as long as I'm myself, I think it's ok.

Oh, my sweetest of sweet baboos, I will miss you forever!

No comments: