Sunday, October 13, 2013

Fun and Games

So, today I actually had to go shopping. I'm dreadfully short on work clothing. I guess four years of unemployment will do that to you. So I had to remedy it.

I actually spent nearly two hours shopping -- it sucked, but not as much as I thought it would. I got two pair of pants, two pair of shoes (hey, they were buy one, get one 30% of; who am I to say no?), a couple pair of pants for my father, a stadium seat for my mom (nephew's football games; those seats are brutal) and then rewarded myself by allowing a small splurge ($40) in the bookstore. Everything is clean and hanging up in my closet. I'm just waiting on the towels and undies to finish tumbling dry, and then I'm off to bed myself.

I'm not going to lie, that thought makes me happy.

But before that, I went grocery shopping with my mom. I, uh, indulged in the store.


LEGO!!!! I love LEGO. I got me a little 'fire in a dumpster' City set and the Gandalf/Sauron show-down set. Yes, I got nerd LEGOs. Hey, it's got a teensy-weensy Palentir:


It spins. Wicked cool.

Anyway, I've made progress on my blanket:





I seem to enjoy knitting on this while watching Sleepy Hollow on the DVR. Something about that show inspires me to knit bias squares in garter stitch. Pehaps it's the knee boots and breeches?

I dunno. Whatever it is, I hope it keeps going for a while. I need this blanket finished.

I'm also making progress on my Nemesis stole, but I don't have a picture of that. Not that you could tell I've added an inch to it from pictures. I think I won't be taking any pictures until it's visually very different -- ie, when I get at least halfway through. It is growing, just not that fast.

I still consider this past week a win -- I knit most nights out of the week. That's more than I usually do.

Now, if I can just keep that going!

No comments: