Saturday, August 6, 2011

Grrrr.

So I've got half my white roses painted red, yeah, taking all that time off my beloved scarf, yeah, and I get word yesterday that the recipient isn't coming over this weekend. She's not even coming to town as I was told -- apparently, her schedule doesn't permit. While I'm indeed glad I don't have to finish the scarflette by tomorrow (possible but unpleasant and liable to inflame the repetitive knit injuries to my elbow), it would have been nice if the person who knew this fact would have told me last week when they themselves first heard the news so I wouldn't have been knitting like a Spartan to get that thing shuffled off the needles.

Sigh. Not their fault, actually, as they didn't know I had decided to knit something for said person -- and, frankly, knitting for others without asking if they want me to knit for them is mental anyway so why would they assume I'd take it up spontaneously -- , but still. Grrr. And I'm not even sure if I'm grrr'ing at myself for being a twit or life in general, because it's just being...life. Said in a pejorative tone of voice. The upcoming tooth pulling, my work (which is going better of late, it's just being work for once), my everything. And, maybe, my incipient migraine. That always makes me cranky. Crankier, anyway. I'm usually pretty cranky in the general course of matters, but when I'm migraining it takes it to a whole 'nother level.


Oh, well. That just means I get to go back to my Loki for a little while and put the scarflette on the back burner, which is all to the good because I need some of my therapeutic knitting. And that daisy pattern--P.I.T.A. Purl 3 together, wrap and purl the same 3 before dropping. Seriously? Do you know how hard that is to do when your US 8s with the good, sharp tips are already tucked up in another project and all you have left is a set of blunt Clovers?

Even with being able to slow my pace, my elbows may never be the same again.

Grrrrrr. Maybe I've been possessed by the spirit of Elvis, because that's a sound I feel very inspired to make today. Grrrrrrrrr.

No comments: