Saturday, March 5, 2011

The design bug bites rather like a mosquito.

I've been working on my sweater design in my off-hours (and by off-hours I mean the hours I'm pretty much off my rocker), and it proceeds apace. Well, it will proceed apace when I figure out the maths. There's an off-ness to the ratios of my stitch swatches.

Oh, well. I've discovered another percolating design with an ocean theme, using this yarn:

 Or maybe this one:
Can't decide. The one is fingering, the second is worsted, it's a stole/rectangular shawl, and I'm thinking either would work since both have wool in them. Although the second one is prettier, and would be warmer. I'm super duper cold all the time; warm is important.

I rather like the blue-purple idea with a sea themed shawl. It'll be a pain to finish the way I want (picot trimming), but it might be worth it.

Decisions, decisions.

No comments: