Tuesday, March 1, 2011

All crafters are secretly hussies.

Just an observation based on this:


And what is that, you may well ask? A Japanese knot bag, made for me by one of my knitterly sisters-in-arms, A. I donated a ton of acrylic that I had in my stash (accrued over the years for various projects and destashed when I was trying to fit all my toys in the Cedar Stashtainer of Yarny Goodness) to her grandmother, who lurves acrylic. Loves it like buttah.
She'd promised me one when I handed over the trashbags (yes, that's plural) full of yarn, but to be honest, I sort of figured she'd forgotten. Not that it mattered; having someone somewhere take unwanted yarn off your hands to use for her personal knitting happiness is gift enough. It's like playing matchmaker for an ex you don't totally hate but can't have in your life in a romantic capacity anymore--you wish them well and want the best for them, just...elsewhere. But last night at coven, I was presented with what she and our fearless leader C. called 'The Little (Whore)house on the Prairie Bag.' Why call it so? Well.

 A sweet, delicate and ladylike pattern of what appears to be lavender blossoms on the outside,

 tawdry, slutty, Hussy Purple satin on the inside, heh, heh, heh.

Sort of like me, actually.

Anyway, does the lining call anything to mind for anyone? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

'Cause that's how I roll, yo.

I'm using it at present as a project bag. The satin has a second major advantage, besides looking totally trampy, in that it allows my yarn to roll freely as I pull from the skein while I knit. And, since I pull my project through the shorter handle before passing that over the long, I can hang the bag from my wrist, dispense yarn and knit at my ease in almost any situation in which I might find myself! Fabulous.

The things you never realize you need until you have them! Now I can knit when I go sit and wait at the dental school on Sunday at the arsecrack of dawn, to be drilled as part of my dental student's licensing exams, without worrying about besmirching my yarn.

Well. Maybe. I worry a little about besmirching my nice, new Japanese knot bag with dental school germs, but at least it gives me more control over where my yarn is at any given moment. And that's all to the good, isn't it?

Eh. I'll think I'll just take some library books with me, instead.

No comments: