Thursday, December 9, 2010

Don't know why I'm posting...

other than I'm bored and don't want to do what I have to do this evening before I go toddlersit.

So, anyway. I'm test-knitting a new pattern for a version of the fingerless mitts Hermione wears in HP7.1. I'm using this yarn:

Yeah, it's clown barf. But it's pretty clown barf, and that's why I chose it.

I haven't started yet, but will either tonight or tomorrow. I just hate the casting on bit. I mean, I don't mind knitting (ask me again about my Infinity Scarf; the one I've been knitting since Adams was in the White House. The Elder Adams.) I don't mind casting off and enjoying the knit wear. I just hate, loathe and despise the casting on.

Silly, really. You can't knit until you cast on, can you? No, really, you can't, unless you've figured out some way to magic your stitches onto the needles.

Gah. Just. 96 stitches. I really need to grow up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's an addendum to Murphy's Law for knitting I think.... it must take at least 3 tries to get the amount of yarn used correct.

Silver Phoenix said...

Oy, don't remind me! That's some of my angst, right there.

At this rate, I'll never get those things cast on!

(I kid, I need some yarn therapy today and I refuse to knit anything else until the first one is cast on.)