Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Merry Christmas to me!

I always get myself something for Christmas, being as I'm really the only person (but one, but I'm pretty sure I already know what she's getting me this year) who ever gets me what I really, really want. And this year, what I decided I really, really wanted was this:

Cherry Hill Sockittome yarn in the "Les Fleurs" colorway of the Impressionist Series. I've been nursing a serious woody for yarn in the Impressionist series since I first read about it in Interweave Knits this summer, and it's taken me this long to nail down precisely a) which yarn I wanted, and b) which colorway. Gods above, below and all around me, it's hard to make a choice like that! They're all so beautiful, so luscious, and I'm such a closet hedonist..... Well, maybe not so closeted.

Anyway, I finally decided on the Sockittome as it had the most yardage in the finest yarn for the buck, and then of the Sockittome colors, "Les Fleurs" was prettiest on my monitor. It turns out (in real life) to be a lot more...antique roses and champagne. I rather like it. I felt all French just looking at it, which is odd, considering I'm much more an Anglophile than Francophile. Whatever--the yarn is magical, I guess.

Maybe I'll tweak the Froggies and knit a pattern I found in an ancient doily pattern book at my local lending called "Tudor Rose". Ooh, the thought makes me want to snigger.

I'm a bad, bad girl. But Santa came for me, anyway, and he didn't leave coal. Just 900 yards of superwash merino and nylon, dyed in the beautiful, beautiful colors of a dusty, steampunk city sunset.....

No comments: