Saturday, September 20, 2008

Told ya so.

You might recall I said I was waiting for a shipment of yarns from Knitpicks that would make my LYS purchases look like chump change. And lo, when I got home from foraging at the local grocery this morning, look was was on my doorstep!

I've got several skeins of each--this is Knitpicks Shamrock in Hennesy and Connolly. For a shrug I'm designing. You might note a certain color scheme/theme going on, to which I would say you are incredibly clever.

Wool of the Andes in Blackberry. It looked so nice on the screen, and it is nice. Just darker than I anticipated. But I can live with a small shoulder shawl in this color. It is very nice.

WotA in Hyacinth, for a sweater for me. This picture is coming out quite blue, but the actual yarn is more...indigo-violet. I'm going to use it and some older yarn I already had (WotA Cranberry and Smoke) for a variety of Tubey sweater. Here is the whole color scheme together:
Rest assured, the red and grey are accent colors. Big chunks o' accent. I've got sixteen skeins of yarn, I hope it's enough.
And then, while unpacking, I noticed something. Here is my furSon, Dog*:

Hey, dudes. Peace out.
Shamrock Hennessy. It's in Dog colors! Heh.
See? He thinks it's funny, too!
*Names have been changed to protect the not-so-innocent. And to forestall any cracks about his name. He's really quite sensitive, you know.

No comments: