Wednesday, November 18, 2015

How do I always do this?!?

Solve problems way past the eleventh hour, I mean.

I have a scarf I wanted to knit for a friend, for her conjoined birth/giftmas days. So I've been trying and trying and trying different methods to get it to do what I want -- with little success. I finally put it in the naughty corner and went off to do other things.

Her holiday complex is in less than four weeks now, so it's too late to get it done -- even if I knit my fingers to the bone for it. I have no interest in knitting that hard on anything.

So she gets lamps, instead. But now that I know there is another possible solution to the problem I've been having with this project makes me feel a little better. I've been having some...issues with cognition and creativity this year. So much of my mental ability has been stifled, so to get an idea like this, for free.... yeah. That's awesome.

And of course I have to have this idea on a day when I'm beyond exhausted and overtaxed. Great. I haven't got the energy to do anything, but at least I know what I will do when I get my energy back.





Until then, I'll be hiding in this pillow pile with Rex. All snuggled up and warm and smooshy.

No comments: