Saturday, January 25, 2014

Ok, new goal for the year.

Two, actually.

One: Re: my reading list. I'm sorry, y'all, I just can't force myself to read "literature" which doesn't interest me in the least. The thought alone is giving me the collywobbles.

So, New Reading Goal: Read all the books I own that I haven't read yet. All you book-ish people know exactly what I'm talking about. I went to the second hand book shop tonight (I was looking for a DVD and found three. And four books, besides.) After I impulse shopped my way to $50 (at a second hand bookstore), I realized that these were far from the first small piles of books I hadn't read yet. And I have a new bookshelf to build and install.

Once it's up, I'm going to reorganize my shelves. There will be a section for books I haven't read yet. And I will read from this section for the whole of 2014. I can do some nostalgia reading (again, you bookish folk know what I mean), but I have to read at least two of the new books per month.

Two: Re: Ravellenics. I'm working on three projects. One is my hue shift blanket:


Two is my Double Cross Scarf:





And the third is to cast on to a new design for arm warmers that I've been percolating for years. I even have the pattern sketched out and plotted, I just haven't finished up the math or done swatching.

Yes, Virginia, swatching. I'm debating making that a pre-games event.

Either way, I'm not going to finish any of these projects. I mean, there's only so many weeks between the opening ceremonies and the closing. But I can at least make progress. And that, people, is my only goal.



No comments: