Sunday, December 29, 2013

No pictures today.

Just quiet contemplations.


I haven't done one stitch of knitting the entire time I've been off on holiday break, though. Since one of my resolutions for next year is to knit more, I like to think of this as a loading phase. I'm loading up my urge to knit so that it overflows and becomes too powerful to ignore in the new year. I have a crapton of yarn that needs knitting on (including two new purchases I will take pictures of tomorrow and post about then -- they are currently in the prophylactic de-mothing process). And I got gifted a pattern that needs, desperately, to be made manifest. It wants to be, and who am I to refuse?

I also, in the new year, want to stop sitting around and watching life, I want to start actually living it. I've been a spectator in my own life for far too long, and it's boring. I know that living my life means I will have to make tons of mistakes and look like an idiot and do all sorts of things I've been told are bad and wrong. But I'm so bored. And I don't think life is to be observed only.

Aside from knitting more and living life instead of watching it pass me by, I have only one more resolution: take a vacation. I'm thinking a daylight tour of Vegas, myself. It's warm, desert-ish, and I'm certain the daylight Vegas is more interesting than people assume.

I think I will enjoy that. And I'll be back with pictures, next time.


No comments: