Sunday, May 12, 2013

Ugh. Stuff and nonsense, nonsense and stuff.

I've been catching up on the minutae of life, and it's dragging me down. I am still not, by and large, feeling the yarn, but if I was, I'd have no time to knit at all!

Still at least I've made plans for some crafting.


I'm going to make an apron like Abby's on NCIS. I'm not usually a skulls and roses type girl, but there's something about this fabric that's insanely cheery. And it'll hide stains a treat (except on the skull bits themselves.)

You can see a bit of it here:


I've bought the fabric (and the pattern this apron is based on), and would show you but BLOGGER IS BEING A WANKER and keeping me from uploading my pictures. I'm not sure why. Maybe I'll come back tomorrow or the next day to put my own picture up.





HA! I win the intarwebz! It only took me, what, an hour and a half to find a workaround? Yeesh.


It's pretty exciting. Of course, this means I have to get my mom's machine cleaned and primed. Or find a fairly cheap one for myself, which might be a good option, too.

In other news, I'm actually making a Lil' Giraffe Hat. I'm currently in the middle of the endless rounds of yellow knit, before the decreases. It'll be a while before I have something to show you all.

I'm overtaken today by a strange lassitude, and I don't want to do anything. I'm not sure what's sucked the motive energy out of me; perhaps, as the Harry Potter movie marathon on Family today is implying, I've attracted a dementor. Although I wouldn't say I'm depressed, per se, just...don't wanna. Whatever it is, don't wanna.

Maybe I'll do a few more rounds of hat and watch some of my DVR'd shows. Maybe that will perk me up?

No comments: