Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Me and diets.

Food diets and yarn diets. I can't stick to either of them. In the case of food diets, I start to crave donuts (which, as anyone who knows me will know by now, I don't like -- it's disconcerting; like craving mud.) Apparently, in the case of yarn diets, I get given yarns.


It's hard to see, but there are four skeins there. For the uninitiated, that's 1,020 yards of wool and nylon goodness. Yes, the colors are that intense. Possibly even more so, because the flash has washed out the green.

One of the ladies at coven brought in 16 skeins in various flavors to give away. The other ladies each took four skeins, and, in a ritual very like a gang initiation, forced me to take the last four. I was only going to take two (because really, who can't use two skeins of sock yarn?), but they quoted the rules of Fight Club at me: No orphan skeins.

So I had to take all four.

Sigh. You know, I go for nearly four years on an inadvertent yarn diet, acquiring less than ten skeins/balls/bits and bobs per year simply because I was broke, and in the first year I have cashmoney to spend, I end up with...Good Bob, I don't even know. Let's see, the 70 I got at Yarnia, my new Wollmeise, these four....

Now I really need a yarn diet!

No comments: