Thursday, March 21, 2013

I can't blame this on Yarnia.

There are limits to what I can blame on the mythical, magical Yarnia. But my quest for legendary yarns continues.

And I have crossed off one more, Wollmeise.


 The color is called "Klapperstorch", which Google-Fu tells me translates to "stork". I'm not sure why a yarn that cycles from a pale, pinkish-white to black would be called "stork", but perhaps German storks are just a little different.

Anyway, I bought it second hand off someone on Ravelry who couldn't bring herself to knit it because the colors are the same as her local pro basketball team. Plus, I get the feeling she's not big into red. Which is fine and natural; we can't all like the same things.

But I do love red, and the colors are beautiful. Witness:

And this is the part I love best, I think:

Maroooon! I love maroon. I don't know why, seeing as I was abused with private education, which includes pleated knee skirts in unattractive plaids (ours were maroon and gray). Still and all, I love it all together with the other colors.


It's going to become a Clapotis eventually. I've met another Wollmeise Clapotis, and it was lovely.

I think my little stork is going to be beautiful, too.

A-HA! Wikipedia provides me with this lovely fellow's picture:

A painted stork.

Now I get it.

No comments: