Saturday, January 5, 2013

Finally! Something comes free of the needles.

Sometimes, it feels like never finish anything at all. But today I finished this:


Yay! A completed cowl!

And it's long enough to do this:


So now I have a nice booby warmer. Always prudent to keep your boobies warm.

Actually, it's pretty nice and warm around the upper back and arms, which tend to get chilled. I mean, everything on me tends to get chilled (although this winter, interestingly enough, hasn't felt as cold to me as even last year did), but my upper back and neck in particular seem to bear the brunt. This thingie serves to warm both bits at once.

I've washed it and it's sitting on a mat in the dining room, drying in peace and quiet. Since I did a lot of the knitting at work this past week, I think it deserves a little of that.

Not like work is chaos and weirdness. If anything, it's too calm. I keep bracing myself for trouble, but it never comes. I wonder if I'll ever really relax again when it comes to working in an office. Maybe, with time, I will. But not for a good long while, I think.

Ah, well. Time to get back to my newest knitting project, my Bofur Mitts. Took me three tries, but I finally got them cast on. First, I thought the needles called for in the pattern were too large, so I used a smaller size with the called for number of stitches. That looked too small. I used the ones called for in the pattern, and it was massive. So I pulled out the smaller needles again, cast on a little more loosely, and it worked.

Then I put them back in the bag and let them sit for a couple of days.

Now, though, I think I'm riding a bit of a high from finishing up the cowl, so I'm going to get them out and work on them a little bit. I need a little warm.

No comments: