Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Just to clear my head

I'm going to work with this:

It's a lace weight alpaca/silk blend. Soft and shiny and smooshy as all get out, and it's just the tonic I think I need to get over the knit funk I seem to have fallen into lately.

Just enough for a nice, lacey scarf -- I'm thinking of a pattern that is called daisy lace, but sort of looks more like church windows. The daisies are in the negative space (ie, the holes), and there are ridges of knit arches over them, so...windows. With daisies in.

I'm quite looking forward to casting on. But I think I'll eat dinner, first. Today I had a lot of other work hey-nonny-nonny to get around to, so I didn't get a chance to write. I'm hoping, sort of, to get an outline out of the way tomorrow (and Friday; that's a mostly unscheduled day for me so I can get it done between the two days.) Once I have my outline, I can go all NaNo-style on it and crank out my first full length novel. At least, that's the plan, and we all know how the best laid plans of mice and men go, alas. Still and all, I'm not averse to trying it that way.

God knows no other way of writing long form has worked well for me. Can't hurt to try a new method! For I am determined to write long form fiction. Short stories are all well and good, but I don't want to be a one trick pony.

And then, as a reward for working on it this week, on Sunday morning, I'm going to take myself to see Brave. Maybe even in 3-D. Ooooooh.

No comments: