Friday, March 2, 2012

I've really learned my lesson this time.

For sure. I mean, how silly could I get to forget this one?

There's the square I'm hosting for the blanket KAL. Finished, if not done and dusted (look at those yarn ends!) The actual knitting took maybe...um, two or three hours? The finishing took nearly an entire 24 hour day. I had to keep stopping and starting and weaving the damn thing over again.

Sorta sucked the joy out of it for me, you know?

Here's a shot in progress, so you can get an understanding of what went into the making of the square:

Those pins? There to keep the square at the proper dimensions while I worked.

I saw this "stitch" pattern in a tea cozy pattern once and was instantly enamored. I had to try it out, and you can see that I have now, indeed tried it out.

I believe it will be the last time I ever use it. Don't get me wrong, it's lovely, and it might work better if I used the bulky yarn the original pattern used, but sheesh. So complicated!

And, just so you can see how secretly lazy and lame it is, here's a close-up:

I still kinda like it, though. 

No comments: