Friday, January 6, 2012

I'm blogging, I swear.

Not that anyone really minds if I take a holiday, but I'm trying to get back into a schedule of some sort so I can feel human again. Those holidays, whew.



I've made no progress on the tea cozy (although now I think I need to dig a second ball of yarn out of the stashtainer, to whit the second one of these:


 which is delaying me a tiny bit), but I did get some research done and take back some books to the library. Go me! Now I just have to keep going with it.

Sunday I'm taking the morning and taking myself to cinema. Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy is playing at a theater close-by that my friend gave me passes for, so I'm going to have a mini-day off. I can't tell you how excited I am, and how I truly hope the movie isn't a disappointment. I built up the idea of a certain movie to such an extent that I'm hard pressed to believe any movie could keep up with it, but this one has Gary Oldman in, so it can't be that bad.

Today I had my first day of nannying. Oh, yes, didn't I say? That's what I'm going to be doing for the next little while for cash. It's my cater-cousin's children, so...pseudo-nephews (one of whom is my godson). The older one tried to play me today. My, my, how soon they forget that I did earn the sobriquet "Evil Aunt K" for a reason! He did not win. I won. I am full of win. :-)

And now it is time to go eat some dinner (before my blood sugar drops so low I start singing to you), watch the end of the CSI episode I was watching before I left and read a bit before bedtime. I might even knit some -- although probably on my shawl, not the tea cozy -- before bed. Tomorrow is Saturday, a busy, busy day.

But let me leave you with a Photo of Zen:

(I love this thing! Am I weird or what?)

No comments: