Tuesday, September 20, 2011

And that's Numberwang!

I become convinced life is a game of Numberwang (look at the top of the first section, Recurring Sketches, for an explanation if you aren't a Mitchell and Webb fan). I guess that means I've got as good a chance as anyone else for winning.


In knitting news, I managed to get some extra squares done for my charity knitting project. I'm now up to four complete squares, with a fifth on the needles. I should be able to finish it tonight.

Considering I never thought I'd finish up the three I'd planned, I think I'm smoking on this project. Granted, it's about all I'm cooking with gas on this month. In other matters, I'm so hosed it's not even funny. Again, I do the hosing (self-hosing, heh), so I can't blame anyone. I'm not sure if that makes me feel any better or not.

Maybe it should make me feel better. Giving up the victim mentality is the first step to taking control of your life and choices and therefore being able to take responsibility for your successes as well.

I won't bore you with a recitation of my work life -- God knows it bores me to tears -- but suffice to say I've got wonked out priorities. I'm having trouble making my non-fiction word counts (I'm going to have to bust some sass tomorrow in order to catch up on what I should have done this week), but I'm working hard on my fiction.

That, too, should be consolation of a sort. I may not be doing the right writing, but at least I'm writing. Surely that counts for something?

No comments: