Thursday, August 4, 2011

Painting the white roses red

My default euphemism for working like a galley slave to make up for either forgetting or screwing up on the work once before. This time, it's a forgetting.

I have a gift on the needles. I don't know if the recipient will want it, but it's one of my nicer yarns so if she doesn't, I'm sure I can find a use for it.

It's just going to be one of those short, buttoned scarves in a daisy stitch, but that's Jo Sharp Silkroad DK Tweed there -- wool, silk and cashmere. Yes, you read that right, I'm making something of one of my higher end yarns and I'm giving it away.

God, I hate forgetting things like birthdays. I had planned to pay this person back some money that I owe her, but I just found out it's going to be $700 and change to have my wisdom teeth out (in one go, wish me luck) so she's not getting that right now. Maybe later, after I'm sure I don't end up having to pay extra for antibiotics.

Yes, I'm freaking out about the extraction. Yes, I know the procedure is, in all likelihood, going to go well and I'll be fine. Doesn't help. Still freaking out.

Anyway, I have to get this thing done pronto Tonto and then I can get back to my beloved Little Loki. Every time I work on the neck scarf, I get misty and sentimental. It's green.

No comments: