Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I'm Sorry, I Can't Hear You...

over the sound of my awesome.

By the gods, that's some brilliant beadwork! If I do say so myself. ;-)

Yes, I'm proud. For a first beading project, it's looking almost exactly like I wanted it to look. I'm pretty stoked. But I'm sure you didn't notice that at all.

I'm spending today getting the scarf through the first half of the beading section (there will be another, at the other end of the thing) and maybe getting started on the mesh middle bit. It's hot, I'm dehydrated and I don't feel like writing today. So if I'm going to bunk off, I'll darn well bunk off on something I desperately want and need to get done -- like this, and then maybe some more of my homework that I've been putting off for a while. I've been working through Julia Cameron's The Artist's Way with a group on Ravelry, and we're up to Week 7. I got sidetracked when Week 5 started (that was the week I came back from vacation), so I did the last two weeks sort of half-tock'ed. I'm trying to get my stuff together for this week, though. I'm just past the half-way mark and I so want to see it through.

Plus, the little furry intruder is coming back for another holiday. Apparently, her housemates are wearing down her nerves so she needs a trip to our house to recoup. And her human mommy's human children are coming for a visit and need the space she normally uses for decompression.

Yes, I've hidden the good knives already.

In the spirit of clearing the decks and catching myself up, I should note I forgot to post a picture of this a while back:
Mom's Tess Shawl. The perspective's a bit wonky because of how it was laid down on the couch to photograph, but it's triangular. I finished it while I was on vacation the first full week of July.

I even did a crochet bind-off (picot edging.) I am so boss.

My awesome, it roars!

No comments: