Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Prodding buttock.

I actually had a good working day today. I got five articles written in good time and with little strain, which is my proposed daily target. Now, if only I can do the same over and over and over again, ad nauseam!

In more cheerful news, I've made progress on the cheap and cheerful Turkish Flaw:





The wad of yarn on the right there isn't as big as you think it is. It's the innermost bit of yarn, probably no more than an eighth of the skein, that's gotten loose as I've unwound it. The scarf itself is maybe about three feet long, so it's a good thing I decided to get that second skein. I like my scarves long.

Long scarves with long tassels. For some reason, the combination makes me giddy stupid happy.

The title of the post? It's a Terry Pratchett reference. At some point in one of the Night Watch books, Sam Vimes says something along the line of, "We're not kicking arse, but we are at least prodding buttock." A saying which in and of itself makes me giddy cheerful.

Anyway, it's been a quiet week for me thus far. I've written seven of a proposed 15 articles so far (I even worked on a Monday; I must be getting stronger), I knitted outside of knitting coven and otherwise have just been keeping my head down. That'll probably be the entire course of my week, if I can keep it up.

I'm not sure about the working or the knitting, I'm really just hoping I can keep out of trouble. I seem to have a disturbing talent for finding it.

No comments: