Monday, May 9, 2011

Progress!

Gah. I've felt emotionally stalled the past couple of weeks. Emotional stalling leads to all sorts of stalling, and one of the things to most suffer was my knitting. However, tonight I managed to progress on my mother's shawl to the point I had to tie on the second (of three) skeins of yarn! Witness:

Ok, so it's not much, but I'll take what I can get.

I also need to select a new nom de guerre. I've embarked on a project designed to help me find my writing voice again, and I no longer want to write under my old names (it might make my writing just as dry as it has been under those names, shudder). And since I'd rather choke myself voluntarily with a fork than write under my own name, I need a new name to baptize myself into this new writing life.

I have a new first name, I just need the second. I need to find an interesting name generator -- you know, one of the "what's your Lord of the Rings Elven name?" things. They frequently churn out un-usable drivel, but sometimes you come across a strangely appropriate name that way.

No comments: