Saturday, May 8, 2010

Hangin' in there

Still here, still not feeling the knittin' love, still a writer. :-)

That last bit always makes me smile, even when the editors are giving me white hairs. Hey, I don't have children, someone has to give me white hair!

I think I've decided on what sort of work space I really want, now I just have to find the constituent bits and put them into place. While I'm living with the 'rents I won't be able to use it properly (noise issues), but it will be nice to have it all together for when I have the much vaunted rooms of my own.

And I was writing this and thinking about dealing with editors and how it was way better than dealing with office mates, when this quote came on a Biography commercial:

Focusing your life solely on making a buck shows a certain poverty of ambition. It asks too little of yourself. Because it's only when you hitch your wagon to something larger than yourself that you realize your true potential.
Barack Obama

I can't honestly say my writing career is 'larger than (my)self', but I sure as hell am proud of it. I wanted to be a writer and (in the words of the immortal Jean Luc Picard) I made it so. I've never done that before. The pride is getting a bit over done for what little I've written, but still. I made it so. And I'll never forget it.

No comments: