Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Where has the time gone?

Yeesh. June. Yeah, let's not talk about June. It wasn't the best month I've ever had. Not the worst by a long shot, certainly not, but not the best. Let's just discuss what I've been doing in terms of knitting.

Here's a clue.

Here's an even bigger one....

I made a sweater! My very firstiest-first one, and I did the maths and designing (such as it is) all myself. My pride is enormous and probably completely out of proportion with the actual accomplishment.

I decided, since I am such a sweater newb, to design and knit the sweater for the Nieceling, as she is about half as large as me. Granted, it's a bulky yarn knit on large needles, but half the time to knit is half the time to knit, as well as less effort if I screwed up. I don't think I've done too badly; when I get Nieceling into it for fitting and photos, we'll see.

I still have to put the buttons on, but that's just housekeeping. Now that I've done a whole sweater and have a feel for the maths involved, I can make myself my spencer-style half sweater thingie. Maybe. I went back to the museum today to look at the potential sleeves, and I realize I'm going to have to re-think how I want to do the sleeves. The ones on the museum dummy are slightly different than I remember, and I like them better than the ones I sketched lo those many months ago.

I hate rethinking. It's typically the way I screw everything up.

1 comment:

iwouldratherbeknitting said...

Yeah! Make yourself a certificate and put a star on it! You can now knit 'garments'... woo hoo