Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I'm an idiot

Because I just don't have enough to do with my time, I've decided to start up my first lace knit-along. Eh. The first clue is easy enough (surely I can manage 29 rows, and a swatch, yes?) and I got a packet of lace weight yarn today from KnitPicks--I did get the gift certificate for Christmas, remember? I paid nothing for it, and it's the perfect yarn for the project. Or at least what it sounds like--it's a mystery shawl knit-along. The Vernal Equinox Shawl Surprise KAL (Ravelry link here).

Here's the newest laceweight for the stash:

KnitPicks Shimmer, special purchase in Ivy. I can honestly say I'm not wild about the regularly offered colors, but this stuff is nice. It might go very prettily with the buttery gold alpaca I got at the LYS a few months ago and have been sitting on because I just don't have enough hours in my day to knit everything I want. I find now I forgot to take it's graven image. Moment.

I just love technology, don't you?

Alpaca With A Twist, Fino, in Yellow Ribbon.

Here they all are, cheek by jowl. (Lovely metaphor, no?) They look lovely together, but I'm not sure if the shine of the Shimmer will harmonize with the Fino. Plus, there's almost 2,000+ meters of yarn here. I wonder what I'd possibly make with that much laceweight.

Here's option number two, which I'm sitting on the fence about. I mean, it's beautiful, the colors are very spring-y, and the pattern is written for fingering (and I have more than enough yardage for the project), but....

Eh. I can't start up until Friday night, anyway, so I have a couple of nights to sleep on it and two days to think on it. I'll let you know what I decide.

No comments: