Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I don't live in the snowbelt.

My ass.

I knew, when I went to bed last night, that we would have some interesting driving conditions today. I mean, we had something like four to six inches of snow yesterday. This morning, however:

All bets were off. This picture isn't so bad, considering it was taken through glass. I'd had the door open for the other pictures (most of which you won't be bothered with as they're crap) and it's, in addition to wet, best described as "Cold" outside. So I won't be doing that again anytime soon.

One last artistic shot, revealing the irony in my surroundings. Or perhaps my wishful thinking. Sun flowers. Makes me all winsome inside.

I'm supposed to be doing some work today. Not official work, like, for-pay work, but I got a load of books out of the library about job searching and parachutes and the such, and they're piled up on the dining room table, ready to go. Except...eh. It's snowing. I got to bed late last night (although I woke up at 7:30 this morning and actually got out of bed). It's cold. It's Wednesday, which is really good enough reason for me to put it off until tomorrow. Wednesday is both Mythbusters Day and Ghost Hunters (currently International, my favorite flavor of Ghost Hunters,) Day. And I just got an email that a book I've finally got myself into reading is due back at the library in three days, so, you know, I have to take the day to just read and stuff.

Tomorrow is Thursday. I never really liked Thursday. I'll put off the note taking until tomorrow. After all, if you're going to have to suffer a day you don't really enjoy, you might as well put off all unpleasant tasks until said day.

And just to keep you warm:
Doesn't he just look all snuggly? Actually, he kind of looks like an old bald guy in this picture (something about the way the light is going through his fur, I think,) but I reassure you, he is quite warm and snuggly. Wait:

A picture from this past summer. Snorgled up on his couch. Now, that's warm.

No comments: