Saturday, October 25, 2008

Vacation!

Ok, so I'm not going anywhere at present, but I have taken time off work. It's apparently wildfire season both in California and on my desk, and I was about ten minutes from filing down a ballpoint and shanking someone, so it's for the best that I take some time off. They don't need to be hiring right now.

So I'm home right now, getting ready to organize my files. I'm shuddering in a bit of anxiety at present--I have a lot of files--but it's something I've been thinking of doing for a long time. I've got a ton of duplicates, and even I am not sure what all is on this machine (and my thumb drives), so just for the sake of getting a grip on what I've got, I need to buckle down and do it.

Maybe I'll organize my knitting patterns first. There are a lot fewer of those. I am totally dreading organizing my recipes. Oy.

I spent four days down with the cold. Got lots of reading in, not so much on the knitting, mostly as I couldn't hardly sit upright. Which is a shame, as it means I'll be knitting like it's my job for the next five or six days. Oh, joy. Well, this is what I get, I suppose! I'll be glad to have the Who scarf off my lap, actually. I've got other stuff I want to be knitting on. Designs to be test knitted, funfur to get rid of in some fashion.

Not sure what I'll do with the funfur, actually. My neice is over the age of 9, so it's not like she thinks it's cool anymore. Heck, I just paid for her to get an eye exam so she could get red contacts for Halloween (so she can go as a really creepy vampire--'vampire' being a theme for her, somehow.) Yes, I'm spoiling her, but she's bartering service for eye exam with me. She's going to help me get my Sheila Houses on eBay in return for me getting her examined. Her mother's buying the actual contacts, so it's not like I'm going behind their back or anything.

I've also got stuff I want to get working on other than knitting, which I need to somehow figure out where I'm going to find space to work on. Oh, if I only had my own space! I'd shove my television into a closet and put up a table in my living room!

Goal 1: Make more money so I can get my own place without freaking out whenever rent is due (I can afford it now, but I've gotten lots more paranoid about being able to have a big savings cushion).

Goal 2: Get a big folding table, so I have work room for non-knitting projects that require vises, wood glue, etc.

Sigh. So much to do, so much to do!

No comments: