Saturday, July 5, 2008

Day 73--I'm about to run barking.

Day three of trying to recover my computer to the place it was pre-virus, and I'm working on restoring my iTunes (note: The system sucks, big hairies. It is predicated on your never having to reformat your hard drive in an effort to restore from a fatal infection, and really. In this day and age, is that really likely?) The worst part? I'm going to have to go through, listen to each track and reconstruct the song title and band name information. I. Hate. iTunes. Seriously.

I was going to upgrade my iPod later this year, but now.... I don't care what anyone says, this format is the world's biggest pain in the butt ever. Unless you have a removable hard drive, or excellent anti-virus software, you're just screwed. Well, screw that! I have better things to do with my time than bugger with this crap.

Sigh. It's going to be a long day tomorrow. A very, very long day.

In knitting news, I've made several rows progress on the Who Scarf. I'm itching for something new to do that involves purling, just so I can remember what it's like. I'm not sure if I want to go back to my shawl in the red hat (I've actually done a swatch, sort of, and I want to pull it back and then redo it, only with beads on) or if I want to work on my Sweeney Todd mitts (I think I've found the stitch I want to use) or if I want to pick up something else altogether. Oh, the choices. I should finish the red shawl with beads so I can get it out of the way and move on to a Cheshire Cat Stole. I've got yarn for it. Alternately, I've got several other options for secondary projects. I've even got stuff on needles. I'm really crap at figuring out what I want to do. I have a baby bag I should be working on as well, but I need to figure out if I've got the circulars for it...yeah, I've got a circular in the right size. I just don't know if I want to use it for the mitts or the baby bag, first. I probably should do the baby bag. Just to get it out of the way.

Sigh. So many opportunities. So many options. What shall I do?

No comments: